Friendship can often be tricky. You often feel the need to protect your friends, however you also feel reservations about probing too deep into their personal lives if they aren't being forthcoming. This is especially true for teenagers more prone to making bad decisions than most people. In those situations it might be helpful to know how to track your friend's phone without him knowing. Maybe you've been calling him and he hasn't been picking up, and you're worried about what's happened. Maybe you went to a party together, got lost, and now can't find him. In all of these situations it would be helpful to have a means of tracking your friends without them knowing.
So, below you'll find two effective means by which you can track your friend's phone without him knowing.
There are a lot of great phone tracking apps available for both Android and iPhone, however our personal favorite is Spyzie. It works with all devices and is the most reliable and convenient means by which you can track your friend's phone without him knowing. Since you aim for discretion, spyzie is the best because it is a non-jailbreak solution, so even if you're tracking an iPhone, your friend won't suspect a thing.
It also comes with a lot of really helpful features that can help you track your friend's phone without him knowing, such as:
If you have any doubts about the legality of Spyzie or any other concerns, you can go to the FAQ section.
Another method you can use to track your friend's iPhone without him knowing is through the Find My Friends app. This is actually an official Apple app and thus can very easily be downloaded from the Apple Store.
While this is an iPhone tracking app, it actually works on the basis of consent. This means that although the purpose of the app is to keep up with the movements of friends and family, both parties have to willingly consent to being tracked by the other. However, if you can manage to get a few minutes alone with your friend's iPhone, you can install the app into his phone, and then share his location with your phone, and then hide the icon of the app, and voila! You'll be able to track your friend's phone without him knowing!
1. Download and install the app to his iPhone.
2. Access the app, and at the bottom, click on the contact icon. Toggle "Share My Location" On.
3. Access the app in your own iPhone and make yourself visible to "everyone."
4. Go to their iPhone, tap on the "add" button, tap on your contact image, and then tap "Share Indefinitely." This will ensure that you have access to his phone as long as you like. If you only want temporary access, you can also "Share for One Hour" or "Share Until End of Day."
5. On your own iPhone, you'll receive a message that your friend wants to share his location with you. "Accept" the location.
6. You'll be asked if you would also like to share your own location. Choose "Don't Share" otherwise your friend will start receiving your updates and realise that he is being tracked by you.
7. Now hide the icon from his dock so that he doesn't realise that Find My Friends has been installed into his iPhone, not until he actively looks for it. However, this step is only applicable if you installed the app yourself. If it was already installed in his iPhone, then it goes without saying, don't move it.
8. Now you can keep his iPhone back where you found it, and you have complete access to his iPhone locations!
If you don't want to go through the trouble of installing apps onto your friend's phone, and would rather just track your friend's phone online, then you can use FindAndTrace. This is a free online service which is extremely easy to use. It reveals the location, network operator, state, and other relevant details about the phone in question. All you have to do is enter the Phone Number. However, this can only give you a broad idea about which state or city the phone is in, it can't show you a GPS map of exactly where the phone is. For that you'll have to use one of the previous methods.
Hopefully now you know how to track your friend's phone using the above mentioned apps. Our personal recommendation is that you use Spyzie as it is easy-to-use, and comes with a wide range of features not available in the other methods. It is also a professional monitoring app, so you can rest assured that your friend will never suspect that you are tracking him.
Whatever method you use, do keep us posted about your progress by commenting down below. We'd love to hear from you!