Kids these days spend most of their time on Facebook – playing games, liking and commenting on pictures, etc. Kids are so much involved in this virtual world that it is like they have actually forgotten about the world outside their screen. Not only this, this habit of Facebook has resulted in an addiction, where kids crave for attention. They daily upload their photos to get maximum likes and comments. Moreover, they keep on checking Facebook every few minutes in the hope that maybe their likes would have increased or they would have got a new friend request. This kind of addiction is as bad as an addiction to alcohol and drugs, and there is no way other than Facebook blocking to come out of this addiction. In this article, we will study the various ways through which you can do Facebook blocking so that your kids concentrate more on their studies.
Facebook addiction is a regularly used term these days as numerous teens are found to be spending a shocking amount of their time on Facebook. Facebook addiction has remarkably harmful effects. The most worrying part is that they begin ignoring other facets of their life, comprising physical activities, studies, hobbies, face to face interactions, etc. As a parent, you cannot ignore this rising problem. The addiction affects the kid’s day-to-day life and results in him or her neglecting duties. In the case of a teen, this could mean that Facebook addiction could hinder his/her academic performance and have a negative effect on your teen’s relationships with his/her family members and friends. Facebook can result in depression in teens, and this addiction can even affect your teen’s mental health. It is because of these reasons, and many more that parents are left with no choice other than Facebook blocking.
There might be situations in which both teens, as well as their parents, would be aware of the fact that the kid is addicted to Facebook. However, mere acknowledging of this fact is not enough, kids and their parents both need to try hard to come out of the Facebook addiction. Below are some steps that should be followed by both the kid and the teen to come out of Facebook addiction.
No matter how much you and your child tries to fight Facebook addiction, the fact remains that the things are easier said than done. Therefore, below is the list of the 5 ways that can help you with Facebook blocking.
FamiSafe is a parental control solution, which will assist you to track all the chief activities of your kid’s smartphone remotely. Moreover, you can limit the device usage, do Facebook blocking, etc.
1. Download the app on both parent's and kid's device.
2. Register an account on any of the two devices.
3. Connect and in order to block Facebook, go to the “App Block” section. You will see the installed apps. From here, you can block Facebook.
Spyzie lets you, as a parent, to block the time-wasting Facebook app from your child’s phone.
Link - https://www.spyzie.com/
1. Use your authentic email address to make your account on spyzie.
2. After registration starts the setup process. Start by putting a name to recognize the owner of the supervised phone and choose the Android operating system.
3. Now, after you log into your account, you will get to the control panel. From here, select the ‘Applications’ option, and you will get the list the applications installed on the device.
Now, simply turn off the Facebook app for Facebook blocking.
1. Create an account on the Spyzie account and get a premium subscription.
2. A Setup Wizard will open in which fill in the target person's name and age, and choose the iOS OS. Now, put in the iCloud ID and password signed on target iPhone and click verify.
3. Now, you will enter the control panel, from where you can use go with Facebook blocking.
Boomerang allows you to install any new app only after you approve of it.
1. Tap the phone of the child’s on the chief Boomerang screen in the parent’s device.
2. Under the Managed Apps area, open “control installed apps”
3. Select “app groups”
4. Click the toggle switch near the “Newly Installed Apps”
Now, your child will get a notification whenever he will download Facebook or any other app. Thus, he/she will be able to proceed only after you give permission.
A parental control solution, which will assist you to track all the chief activities of your kid’s smartphone remotely as well as in Facebook blocking.
1. Download Mobile Guardian app and open the dashboard
2. Click on the web security settings page
3. Enter www.Facebook.com in the blacklist section,
4. Press the save button
You can use any third-party firewall for Facebook blocking.
1. Install NoRoot on the target device.
2. Go to the Filters option, go to the “New Pre-filter” option, and make a new filter.
3. Write www.Facebook.com for Facebook blocking.
4. Go to Ok, after the filter is created.
5. Click “Start”.
From the above, it is seen that Facebook is a big addiction that can take a toll on the life of the kids. It is because of this that parents must use Facebook blocking to help their kids get over this addiction. Spyzie is the best app that although paid is the best option for Facebook blocking.